Arts Week

MUSIC

Korean Percussion Ensemble
May 29, 12:05 p.m., Free
Wright Hall

The Korean Percussion Ensemble will be performing with guest artist Gamin Hyosung Kang, a classically trained p’iri player. Gamin is a highly acclaimed artist from South Korea. The afternoon will showcase the group’s knowledge of multiple genres within traditional Korean folk music and will seamlessly meld wind instruments and rhythmic drums.

Sylvia Herold Ensemble
May 30, 8 p.m., $20
Bill Wagman House Concerts, 1350 Monarch Lane
The event titled “Vintage Songs and a Big Guitar” brings the sultry vocals of Sylvia Herold, the masterful notes of guitarist Mike Wollenberg and the hopping double bass lines of Chuck Ervin together for a night of American jazz-inspired songs through the decades.

LocalTones 2014
May 30, 8 p.m., $5 presale/$7 at the door
123 Sciences Lecture Hall
The UC Davis a cappella groups will be putting on the collective annual concert, LocalTones 2014, on Friday, May 30. The lineup includes The Afterglow, GreekBeats, UC Davis Jhankaar, The Liquid Hotplates, The UC Davis Lounge Lizards and The Spokes. Ticket proceeds will go to the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation.

DANCE AND THEATER

Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop Student Concert
May 30-31, 7 p.m., $14 general/$11 students, seniors, kids
Veterans Memorial Theatre, 203 East 14th St.
The Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop will celebrate their 29th annual student concert this weekend. The hour-and-a-half show will feature ballet, contemporary, jazz, belly dancing and dance team performances from a wide range of ages.

The Art Theater of Davis Presents: Hedda Gabler
June 1, 3:30 p.m., $15 general
ThirdSpace Art Collective, 946 Olive Drive
The Art Theater of Davis will be performing Henrik Ibsen’s extremely popular play Hedda Gabler at ThirdSpace Art Collective. Translated by Adam Siegel, the story follows a newlywed woman and her stifling marriage that ultimately leads to a dramatic turn of events.

ART

Davis Art Studio Tour
May 30-June 1, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Free
The Artery, 207 G St.
This tour provides a chance to see how local artists create their work. With over 30 artists opening up their studios to the public, this event allows the artists and public to connect personally and creatively. The Artery will be hosting a pre-tour exhibit and gala May 30 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.