6 Things to Do on a Staycation

If you’re stuck at home this spring break, you might as well try to have some fun.

If you’re not headed towards Hawaii, Mexico or some other tropical paradise this upcoming break, don’t fear. Sure, you might not get to drink and dance with your friends on a beautiful beach, eat foreign delicacies or mingle with new and attractive people, but you can always have a little fun at home. The key word here is “little.”

Here are six ideas help you get started in case you’re bored out of your mind:

1. Make a list.

Make a list of the things you could be doing, but aren’t. This article is an example. If you’re feeling adventurous, try tackling a few of the items — you might get a rush of adrenaline when checking one off the list.

2. Set up a lemonade stand.

The broke college student in you will thank you next quarter for making yourself look like a child again. You can welcome the warmer weather with a cool drink and earn a little pocket money while you’re at it.

3. Binge-watch your favorite shows on Netflix everywhere.

Yes, you might have already done this while school was still in session, but now you can do it guilt-free.Watch Netflix inside. Watch Netflix outside. Watch Netflix on your couch, in your bed, in the kitchen and maybe even in the shower. When you get tired of watching TV in your own house, watch it at a friend’s. There’s really never a bad place and certainly never a bad time.

4. Sleep.

Some of us who pull all-nighters like to tell ourselves that “sleep is for the weak.” But after all that binge-watching and junk food you’ve been eating, you might need to catch up on sleep — for a week.

5. Eat Oreos. Lots of them.

There are over 25 types of Oreos in existence — with flavors as bizarre as “Watermelon” “Creamsicle” and “Marshmallow Krispy.” Try a few that you’ve never seen before, and soon you’ll be able to tell your friends that you tried some exotic foods. You can also vary the way you consume your Oreos: just the cookie, just the cream filling, or both.

6. See all the sights at your staycation destination.

Your hometown may be familiar to you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pretend to be a tourist and enjoy all the attractions it has to offer. Once you’ve exhausted any cool museums or art galleries nearby, try the park. Maybe you’ll find a corner of a bench you’ve never sat on before and try it out.