Humor: Former chancellor Katehi to teach ethics course

JAY GELVEZON / AGGIE FILEhic

Course material to include Katehi’s upcoming memoir

With former chancellor Linda Katehi’s return to campus next fall as a professor, students are eagerly anticipating the announcement of which class she will be teaching. They got their answer on Monday, when Katehi tweeted a link to an interview with The Sacramento Bee in which she finally revealed that she will be teaching Ethics 101.

“The Sacramento Bee posts so often about me that it just seemed right for them to break the news,” Katehi tweeted. “I’m very excited to be back on campus soon.”

The course, which already has 100 students waitlisted, will center on how media coverage can negatively impact powerful individuals.

“She has so much she can teach us,” gushed second-year history major Ava Salzburg. “I’ve really missed her presence on campus.”

Members of the student group “Rehire Katehi” plan on holding an on-campus march to demand that more spots in the class open up for waitlisted students.

“We all deserve the opportunity to learn from such an ethical individual,” said Gregory Cross, a third-year psychology major.

For students interested in getting ahead on the class readings, the sole course textbook will be Katehi’s upcoming memoir.

Written by: Alyssa Vandenberg  — amvandenberg@ucdavis.edu

(This article is humor and/or satire, and its content is purely fictional. The story and the names of “sources” are fictionalized.)