Reflecting on the 10th annual A Taste of Davis

Davis Odd Fellows Lodge hosts another successful event

On April 25 from 6 to 8 p.m., the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge reported that its annual A Taste of Davis event brought in hundreds of people from all over and raised a generous amount of money.

“The Taste of Davis started 10 years ago — this year is our tenth anniversary of organizing and hosting this event,” said Dave Rosenberg, co-chair of A Taste of Davis. “It is sponsored by the Davis Odd Fellows Lodge; the Lodge has been in Davis since 1870. It started as another community function of the Lodge, featuring the town’s restaurants, wineries and breweries for the enjoyment of the community.”

The Odd Fellows Lodge was happy with how many people from Davis and beyond came to enjoy the variety of food and drink offered under one roof.

“We had over 200 attendees,” Rosenberg said. “Everyone seemed to have a great time. Our beneficiary, the Yolo Food Bank, was very appreciative. The 19 purveyors enjoyed the interaction with the public, and all of them want to come back in 2020.”

The purveyors at this year’s event included: Chay Corner, Chickpeas, Common Grounds, DeVere’s Irish Pub, Donloe Brewery, The Hot Dogger, Jack’s Urban Eats, Lamppost Pizza, Lazi Cow, Let Them Eat Cake, Matchbook Wine Company, Sudwerk Brewing Company, Sundstorm Wines, Seasons Kitchen and Bar, Three Mile Brewing Company, Turkovich Family Wines, Upper Crust Baking Co. and Water Pig.

A major sponsor of the festivities was First Northern Bank, and a supporting sponsor was theThe Davis Enterprise. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Yolo Food Bank.

“I can say that we were very pleased to see the large turn-out on Thursday night and are grateful for the opportunity to further connect the attendees with our mission to end hunger and malnutrition in Yolo County,” said Joy Cohan, the director of philanthropic engagement at the Yolo Food Bank.

Tickets were sold for $20 before the event and $25 at the door. The occasion raised a generous amount of money, and the Yolo Food Bank expressed how grateful it was to be chosen as this year’s beneficiary.

Only 365 days until the next annual A Taste of Davis, and it looks like the purveyors and hosts cannot wait.  

Written by: Lauren Tropio — city@theaggie.org