Governor Gavin Newsom’s annual budget proposal includes increased funds for UC system

UC could see 1.2% increase in funding

California Governor Gavin Newsom recently released a revised 2019-2020 budget proposal with nominally increased funds for higher education in the state. This January, Newsom’s proposed budget allocated a total of $17,952,680 for higher education. Now, the revised state budget allocation for higher education is $18,162,197, marking a 1.17% increase in funding.

The greatest portion of the higher education budget is comprised of funds for the Board of Governors of community colleges in the state, with $6,593,543 allocated. The California State University system received the second largest portion of funding, $4,222,289, and the University of California system has received the third largest portion, with $4,048,127 allocated. Other funding allocations include money for the Student Aid Commission, which provides financial assistance to students, retirement costs and California State University health benefits.

The University of California Office of the President (UCOP) indicated its support for these changes.

“The University of California appreciates the strong investment in higher education reflected in Governor Newsom’s January budget introduction, as well as the additional proposed investments from the May Revision, such as new ongoing funds to support housing for homeless students,” read a statement from the UCOP.

The statement added that UCOP was hoping to “secure additional funding,” which would permit a “one-time allocation from the Budget Act of 2018” that helped prevent a tuition increase during the 2018-2019 school year. This would ideally help “bolster enrollment growth and access throughout the university.”

Written by: REBECCA BIHN-WALLACE — campus@theaggie.org

1. Santa Claus Newsom is also funding free healthcare for illegal aliens at a cost to tax payers of 1 billion annually. So prepare for the stampede. Speaking of stampedes, we have Democrat / Socialist / Activists in the Northern Triangle of South America & Mexico; even as you read this instructing the populations the “benefits” & laws of coming to the USA and to make sure you bring your children and use the the magic words…..”credible fear.” Mexico recently arrested two socialist activists who were instrumental in the organizing of prior caravans,

Then you have a Democrat House saying the crisis is “manufactured” as literally thousands attack our border daily? National Sovereignty is a myth to Democrats. The crisis is manufactured…by the Democrats themselves. Make no mistake about this, Democrats want this to happen and never stop.. They will with hold border security support allowing as many illegal aliens to enter the country as possible overwhelming our BP & ICE before assisting in border security (if ever).

THE LIE OF TPS / DACA:
    To Democrats/Progressives/Socialists (whats the difference?) programs like Temporary Protective Status (TPS) or Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals (DACA) or the “visa lottery” program (Chuck Schumer’s idea) are permanent programs. There is nothing “temporary or deferred” about these programs to Democrats. These programs are designed to admit refugees (usually from the third world) then Democrats fight to keep them here permanently using the charge of racism, religion, guilt, against anyone opposed. Simple formula works great.

The current migration at our border is costing taxpayers a Kings ransom. Fleeing persecution? or fleeing for freebies? they sure don’t stay in Mexico when they reach “safety” or ask or offered political asylum in Mexico. Why? because Mexico will give them NOTHING. So they make the long journey to our border, our generous Democrats, and our tax dollars.