Our lovely study spots

Aggie photographers disclose their favorite study spots

The CoHo is one of those study spots you go to when you don’t have that much homework or a midterm because it can get distracting with all the beautiful people, great food, and upbeat environment. (VENOOS MOSHAYEDI)
One word to describe this place: bougie. I come here to grab an awesome bowl of ramen, boba, brick toast and edit hundreds of photos at a time. If you need a fancy place to set the mood, West Village is the place to be. (NICHOLAS YOON)
Most of my studying gets done right outside my dorm building. It’s convenient and relaxing, and I get a tan! #multitasking (HANNAH WODRICH)
One of the most serene and quiet places to study on campus is under the redwood trees in the Arboretum. This is the perfect place to breathe in fresh air, watch some squirrels run by and get your work done. In all cheesiness, the spot is simply magical. (DANIEL TAK)
My favorite study spot is in the dorms, especially in Potter Hall (Tercero) because it is cozy and feels like home. Since it is where I live, I always find buddies to study with here. (DEBPARNA PRATIHER)
My favorite spot to study is in Mishka’s Cafe downtown. It’s super cute and comfy, although it is hard to find a seat sometimes. I always like to enjoy an iced latte and banana bread while I study. (NICKI PADAR)
One of my favorite study spots is the Art Building. If you’ve ever been in the Art Building before, you would know that not only does it have studios, like the one pictured above, but it also has regular classrooms. Both types of rooms are great for individual and group study times. The building is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily and most of the classes are done by early afternoon, meaning these classrooms are free for use from then on. But please note, art students do get priority over the rooms; just make sure you’re nice about using their space. (BRIANA NGO)
There’s just something about the lack of sunlight and the loss of cell signal that forces you to study in this magical place. Hearing other people chat away about synthesis reactions and the meaning of life helps to motivate you to get going with your own studies. Only the bravest of souls are willing to see how deep the studying goes at night at Shields Library. (CHARLES MIIN)
My cozy bed is the best study spot, until the comfort overpowers and I fall asleep. (ASHLEY LUGO)
There’s nothing like cramming for a midterm while you’re on the Unitrans heading to class. (DIANA LI)
Not your typical spot to study in the library. If you can deal with not having a chair to sit in or a table to work on, then this is the spot for you. It may be uncomfortable but at least it looks cool. (BRIAN LANDRY)
Studying in front of the circulation desk on the first floor of Shields is great if you like the hustle and bustle of a library. (AMY HOANG)
I thought about not revealing this one because I’d love to keep it to myself, but I decided others should be able to use it too. There’s an old picnic table on the side of Hoagland Hall where it’s shaded and quiet with a pretty view. It’s especially nice coming here in the spring. (NADIA DORIS)
Why stay indoors when the Quad provides the perfect opportunity to mingle with squirrels as you cram in some last-minute studying? (ANH-TRAM BUI)

Compiled by The California Aggie Photo Desk – photo@theaggie.org