Best Grocery Store

1. Trader Joe’s
885 Russell Blvd.

2. Nugget Market
1414 East Covell Blvd. and 409 Mace Blvd.

3. Davis Food Co-op
620 G St.

Although it only opened a year ago, Trader Joe’s has become Davis’ favorite grocery store, voted Best Grocery Store by California Aggie readers.

“I really like shopping at Trader Joe’s because they have so many different things. They have a bunch of prepackaged frozen food that comes in really useful, especially during those stressful finals weeks. It’s a cheap and easy way to eat healthy,” said Preethi Rajendran, a sophomore psychology major and an avid shopper at Trader Joe’s.

Trader Joe’s is conveniently located in the University Mall, so it is easily accessible for students living in the dorms as well as those living off campus. Organic food is readily available at Trader Joe’s; everything from milk, vegetables and fruits to cheese, pasta and cereal can be found in organic varieties. Also, many customers enjoy the free samples that are offered daily and often inspire new meal and cooking ideas.

Nugget Market came in second. There are two locations in Davis. It offers a variety of cost-effective gourmet food and a deli where they sell many types of sandwiches, even gluten-free options.

The Davis Food Co-op, which carries both natural/health foods and normal supermarket items ranked third. It’s known for having things that no other stores in Davis carry, including ingredients for many types of ethnic cooking.

— Paayal Zaveri

1. The International Food Market in Davis is also a great bargain for ethnic food and spices. They also have lots of European teas and middle eastern desserts and Indian spices and lentals. And also the best Samosas in town !!