Wednesday, May 8, 2024

News in Brief: Four Davis residents robbed at gunpoint

On Dec. 6, 2012, in less than two hours, three separate armed robberies occurred at two Davis greenbelts and at Sycamore Park.

The first robbery occurred at the greenbelt near Pamplona Drive at around 8:10 p.m. Two males, one with a handgun, approached the victim and his dog.

They demanded the victim’s property, and the victim complied. Afterward, the suspects fled the area.

Both suspects were described as Hispanic males in their 30s, 5’8” with husky builds and wearing all black and masks.

The second robbery occurred at the greenbelt near Catalina Drive and Corona Drive at around 8:35 p.m. Two residents were walking down the greenbelt and were approached by two males, one armed with a handgun. The suspects demanded the victims’ property. The victims complied and the suspects then fled the area.

The suspects are described as white or Hispanic in their 20s, 5’10” and about 200 pounds. They were wearing dark clothing and masks.

The third robbery occurred at Sycamore Park at around 10 p.m. The victim was riding his bike through the park and was stopped by two males. One suspect held a handgun and demanded the victim’s property. The victim complied and biked away.

The suspects were about 5’11”, stocky and wearing all black and masks.

The Davis Police Department believes the robberies are interconnected and is investigating the crimes.

— Claire Tan