Best of Davis: Bar

Best of Davis: Bar

Photo Credits: VENOOS MOSHAYEDI / AGGIE

G Street Wunderbar

Whether it’s a Wednesday night out after a final or a three-day weekend, Davis has many bars that are popular among students. G Street Wunderbar is one of the most notable, with the Wednesday night event “Funk Night” being a pinnacle Davis tradition for many legal drinkers. Since it opened on October 24, 2011, it has reportedly become one of the most well-known bars to visit in Davis.

Nicole Chin, a fourth year psychology major, thinks the G Street Wunderbar is not only a great place to dance, have fun and drink, but also a place with great food. The Smokin’ Ewe BBQ restaurant contains a lot of burgers, fries, wings and sandwiches.

“I like to go to the Wunderbar for the entertainment, especially to see people do karaoke,” Chin said, “But I always like to see what kinds of foods each bar has because I think it makes them kind of unique. The Wunderbar definitely has some bomb food.”

Regille Rodriguez, a fourth year design major, remembers the first memory she had at the G Street Wunderbar, “I actually didn’t go to the Wunderbar for a while after I had turned 21 because I just didn’t know much about it. When I actually went a couple months after, it ended up being a lot of fun and I even learned how to play pool properly there.”

With a relaxed yet fun atmosphere, the G Street Wunderbar has provided many UC Davis students with memorable moments.

“I definitely recommend going if it’s your first time. Everyone is nice and it’s a different environment compared to other places in Davis. One of the things that I like about it is how spacious it is, so you can have fun but also have time to chill if you need it,” Chin said.

Written by: Sierra Burgueno — features@theaggie.org

2 Comments on this Post

1. Karmichael Barrett

Owner was rude and the bartenders there were si into them selves and friend it took for ever to get served and it was not even 8pm!
    Was a good day until then!

2. Jared Warner Pizzagoni

Sorry its all about froggys
    Great food and kareoke on fridays 🙂