Best Late-Night Snack: In-N-Out Burger

Across from the 24-hour Dutch Bros, In-N-Out Burger is also open late on weekdays and weekends

This year, In-N-Out Burger reigns superior as the best late-night snack, with a leading 43.2% of the vote. It’s no wonder UC Davis students remain loyal to In-N-Out Burger, which stays open until 1 a.m. on weekdays and 1:30 a.m. on the weekends. 

Calla Langford, a third-year human development major, can attest that In-N-Out Burger is a staple of the West Coast diet. 

“In-N-Out tastes best when preparing to pull an all-nighter or treating yourself after a long week of exams,” Langford said. 

Looking for your fully-vaccinated true love? Langford also said that In-N-Out Burger is “a good spot for a relaxed and affordable first date.”  

Whether you choose to travel there by bike, car or bus, In-N-Out Burger is conveniently located on Olive Drive, right across the street from the 24-hour Dutch Bros, a perfect combo for the nocturnal type.

For many students, In-N-Out Burger conjures up memories of going out to eat with friends when the Dining Commons food gets old. 

Thao Cao, a fourth-year neurobiology, physiology and behavior major, shared her go-to order.

“Usually, I just get a double-single animal style with chopped chilies, grilled onions and a side of fries,” Cao said.

Cao mentioned the importance of affordability as a reason to choose In-N-Out Burger over other alternatives. 

Cao said she frequents In-N-Out Burger around midnight and is not one to be caught dipping fries in her shake. 

Speaking of shakes, customers can ask for the infamous neapolitan milkshake, which is a combination of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, fit for those who are indecisive. This is just one of the many items on In-N-Out Burger’s not-so-secret menu

In-N-Out Burger employees can also cut your burger in half—that is, if you feel like sharing. 

Written by: Nicholas Murphy — features@theaggie.org