Men’s golf preview

Event: The Prestige at PGA West

Hosts: No. 12 Stanford University, No. 40 UC Davis

Where: Greg Norman Golf CourseLa Quinta, Calif.

When: Today and tomorrow; all day

Who to watch: Junior Brent Booth had a round for the record books last Tuesday.

The Los Altos, Calif. native fired a school-record 64 in final-round action of the Fighting Irish Gridiron Classic at Notre Dame to finish in fourth place.

No other individual carded a round better than 68 in the tournament. Booth’s round breaks the previous UC Davis record of 65, which was held by five playersincluding senior Nate Pistacchio, who has accomplished the feat twice.

Did you know? The Prestige at PGA West serves as the Aggieslone home tournament of the season, but the team still had travel plans to arrange. The Greg Norman Golf Course is located 500 miles south of Davis.

Preview: UC Davis made a statement at Notre Dame, beating No. 3 Lamar University en route to an impressive second-place team finish last week.

Now, the Aggies will be looking for more of the same.

Ten of the 16 teams in the Prestige at PGA West field are ranked in the national top 50, seven of which are in the top 30.

“We’re very proud to be co-hosting one of collegiate golf’s premier events, head coach Cy Williams said.The strength of our field and the prestige of the universities attending [this] year affirm the tournament’s commitment to academic and athletics excellence.

UC Davis appears ready for the challenge. The Aggies have posted three top-two finishes in four tournaments this season, including a first-place showing at the Kansas Invitational.

Adam Loberstein