Campus Judicial Report

Up front

A student was referred for using a cheat sheet on an exam. Upon meeting with an SJA officer, the student promptly admitted to the dishonest behavior, and agreed to the sanctions of disciplinary probation and 10 hours of community service. The student’s honesty was an important mitigating factor in determining appropriate sanctions.

DUI

The City of Davis Police Department referred a student after he was arrested for driving under the influence. The student agreed to the sanctions of disciplinary probation until graduation, counseling with Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT) program at UC Davis, and a writing assignment. Student Judicial Affairs has off-campus jurisdiction over student behavior in a number of different circumstances, such as if the student’s conduct causes concern for the health and safety of the student or others.

Third time’s the charm

A student was referred for submitting an altered exam for re-grading. The student had previously been found in violation for the same behavior, and was currently on disciplinary probation. Because of this status, she agreed to a sanction of deferred suspension until graduation. Under deferred suspension, the student would likely be suspended if found in violation a third time, and waives her right to a formal hearing if referred again.

Since a disability may have been an issue in the violation, the student was also referred for counseling at the Student Disability Center. While resources are available for students with disabilities, all UC Davis students are expected to follow the code of conduct at all times.

The Campus Judicial Report is compiled by student members of the Campus Judicial Board. Additional information about SJA and the Campus Judicial Board may be found at sja.ucdavis.edu.