Aggie Daily Calendar

100525_fe_dailycal.c

TODAY

Reading by John Smolenski

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

Bookstore Lounge, Memorial Union

John Smolenski will be talking about his new book Friends and Strangers. The event is free and open to the public and will be followed by questions and a book signing.

Think like an Entrepreneur: Lessons in Innovation for your Career

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

176 Chemistry

Join Professor Andrew Hargadon from the Graduate School of Management talk about how you can think like an entrepreneur and prepare for your career.

Reading by Frank B. Wilderson III of Incognegro

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

101 Wright

Find out more about Wilderson’s new book, Incognegro and listen to him talk about the circumstances surrounding the writing of his book.

Public Health Club Meeting

6:10 to 7 p.m.

126 Wellman

Listen to guest speaker Tonia Hagaman speak about work for the California Department of Public Health and her experience with the Peace Corps.

Arboretum: Writers in the Garden

7 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, Old Davis Road

If you are a fan of good writing and beautiful gardens, then enjoy a reading by writer and photographer David Robertson.

WEDNESDAY

Reading by Frank B. Wilderson III of Red, White & Black

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

101 Wright

Listen to Wilderson talk about his other book, which critiques socially engaged films and the theories that ground them.

Reading by Karma Waltonen

7 to 8:30 p.m.

Bistro 33, 226 F St.

Find out more about Wiltonen’s new book, The Simpsons in the Classroom with a Q&A period and book signing after the presentation.

UC Davis Film Festival

8:30 p.m.

Davis Varsity Theatre, 616 Second St.

Check out this year’s submissions for the film festival. Tickets are $5 at the Davis Varsity Theatre box office.

THURSDAY

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5:30 p.m.

Cole C Facility

The UC Davis Meat Lab offers sales that are open to the public every Thursday and Friday afternoon. Only cash and checks are accepted.

UC Davis Film Festival

8:30 p.m.

Davis Varsity Theatre, 616 Second St.

FRIDAY

Arboretum Folk Music Jam Session

Noon

Wyatt Deck, Old Davis Road

Pull out your fiddles, guitars, mandolins and penny whistles! You are invited to an informal acoustic jam session.

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5:30 p.m.

Cole C Facility

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.