Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Salad Bowl Lunch

12 to 2 p.m.

Plant and Environmental Sciences Building

Make a salad with the last of the late winter crops at the Salad Bowl Garden and help pull the plants out to prepare for warm season planting. Bring a bowl and fork and enjoy peas, chard, lettuce, kale and more.

Public Health Week Symposium

5 to 7:30 p.m.

Genome Building Auditorium

Senior vice president of Healthy Communities The California Endowment and interim director of the California Department of Public Health will speak in honor of National Public Health Week.

Campus Rotaract Club of Davis Meeting

6:10 to 7 p.m.

194 Young

New members are always welcome to learn about community and international volunteer opportunities.

Climate Change Discussion and Reflection

6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Newman Center, 514 C St.

This is the first of a seven-week session discussing climate change and how to reduce ecological footprints. A simple meal will be provided.

Lambda Delta Lambda Baskin Robbins and Sophia’s Trivia

6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Baskin Robbins, 236 E St.

It’s dollar-scoop night with the queer-friendly sorority. Afterwards, guests 21 and over are invited to attend trivia night at Sophia’s Thai Kitchen.

Pre-Med American Medical Student Association Meeting

8 to 9 p.m.

1002 Giedt

Students interested in medical careers can get involved in one of the eight non-profit clinics in Sacramento. Free pizza will be served.

Delta Epsilon Mu Info Night

8 p.m. and 10 p.m.

6 Olson

Learn more about the first professional co-ed pre-health fraternity and activities at upcoming rush week events.

WEDNESDAY

Veggie Bed Prep Workshop

3 to 4 p.m.

Stop by the Salad Bowl Garden to ask questions and get pointers on how to make the most of your spring and summer gardens.

Delta Epsilon Mu Games Night

7 p.m.

ARC Meeting Room 1

Spend an evening playing games with the members of the first professional co-ed pre-health fraternity and learn more about the fraternity and upcoming rush week events.

The Spokes Auditions

8 p.m.

206 Olson

Like to sing? Prepare a 30-second song for a chance to join UC Davis’ all-female a cappella group.

Bistro 33 Poetry Night Reading Series

8:30 p.m.

Bistro 33, 226 F St.

Hear acclaimed poets Steven Gray, Sarah Page and Monica Storss read their work. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to secure a spot on the open mic list.

THURSDAY

Shinkoskey Noon Concert: Zoila Muñoz

12:05 p.m.

115 Music Building

The mezzo-soprano will perform works by 21st century South American Living composers.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.