Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Challah For Hunger

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Quad

Try some delicious homemade challah bread. Proceeds go to charity. Flavors this week include strawberry mango and chocolate mocha.

Thai Canteen Fundraiser for Visions

11 a.m. to 2 a.m.

Thai Canteen Restaurant, 177 E St.

Present the fundraiser flyer or mention “Visions” when you take-out or dine-in, and 10 percent of your purchase will be donated to the Visions Scholarship Program for youth affected by conflict and poverty in Sri Lanka.

Earth Week Clothing Swap Donations

Noon to 1 p.m.

Quad

Donate clothes for the Environmental Policy and Planning Commission’s Earth Week clothing swap on Monday.

Shinkoskey Noon Concert: Gold Coast Trio

12:05 p.m.

115 Music Building

Rachel Vetter Huang on violin, Susan Lamb Cook on cello and Hao Huang on piano will play works by Brahms and Zwilich.

Careers With the National Security Agency Info Session

1:30 to 2:30 p.m.

114 South Hall

Learn about different career fields with the NSA and hear federal recruiters’ advice for joining this prestigious organization.

Politics of Sex Workshop

3 to 5 p.m.

Student Recruitment and Retention Center Conference Room, South Hall

Facilitator Ignacio Rivera, founding board member of Queers for Economic Justice, leads this discussion of sex, love and relationships.

The Davis Feminist Film Festival

5 p.m.

Veteran’s Memorial Center Theater, 203 E. 14th St.

A reception with food, beverages and silent auction begins at 5 p.m. Watch short films from around the world, which highlight issues of gender, race and sexuality, beginning at 6 p.m.

Center for Student Involvement Trivia Night

6:30 to 7:30 p.m.

UC Davis Silo

Answer trivia questions in teams of up to five people to win Silo food coupons.

Pride Week Performance Night

7 to 10 p.m.

Technocultural Studies Building Art Annex

Pride Week organizers collaborate with the Cross Cultural Center to present Violence of Silence: Voices for Social Change Through Identity and Poetry, featuring CIRCLEJERK, Papí Coxxx and Climbing PoeTree.

FRIDAY

Biomedical Engineering Lecture: Leroy Hood

4 p.m.

Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility Auditorium

Dr. Hood will speak as this year’s Maroney-Bryan Distinguished Lecturer. He and his colleagues developed the DNA sequencer and synthesizer and the protein synthesizer and sequencer, paving the way for the successful mapping of the human genome.

The Davis Feminist Film Festival

5 p.m.

Veterans Memorial Center Theater, 203 E. 14th St.

A reception with food, beverages and silent auction begins at 5 p.m. Watch short films from around the world, which highlight issues of gender, race and sexuality, beginning at 6 p.m. The films will be different than those shown on Thursday.

Queer Student Union Dance Party

8 p.m. to midnight

Delta of Venus, 122 B St.

Dance the night away with DJ Stenny McNasty and DJ Purr.

SATURDAY

The Davis Odd Fellows Picnic Day Breakfast

8 to 10 a.m.

Odd Fellows Lodge Hall, 415 Second St.

Enjoy a hearty breakfast in view of the Picnic Day Parade. A donation of $5 includes pancakes, French toast, sausages, coffee and juice. Kids under age five eat free.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.