Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

UC Davis Bookstore Author Event

Noon to 1 p.m.

UC Davis Bookstore

UC Davis English professor Mark Jerng will discuss his book Claiming Others: Transracial Adoption and National Belonging.

Education for Sustainable Living Program Lecture

4:10 to 6 p.m.

Kim Stanley Robinson, a 2008 Time Hero of the Environment and award-winning Davis author, will present her talk “Imagining Post-Capitalism.”

Getting on Top: Climbing the Corporate Ladder

6 to 8 p.m.

106 Olson

Modern Market Technologies, president and CEO of Sierra Energy and CEO of KIP Biotech will discuss tips for anyone looking to further their careers in the corporate world. RSVP at mmtrep@gmail.com.

Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Meeting

7 to 8:30 p.m.

Davis Methodist Church, 1620 Anderson Rd.

Free yourself from excess weight and obsessive thoughts about food and body image. Meetings are based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Palestine Awareness Week Skit and Discussion

7:30 p.m.

1001 Giedt

Join Students for Justice in Palestine as they present a skit and hold a discussion about the week’s activities.

UC Davis Film Festival

8:30 p.m.

The Varsity Theatre. 616 Second St.

Graduate and undergraduate students share their original films, including comedy, drama, animation, documentaries and more. Tickets are $7 and available at the Davis Varsity Theater.

THURSDAY

British Embassy Counselor for Global Issues Seminar

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

360 Shields Library

Join a discussion with Nick Bridge, Counselor for Global Issues at the British Embassy in Washington D.C., as he discusses UK and EU energy and climate change policy frameworks.

Students for Justice in Palestine Art exhibit

Noon to 3 p.m.

Join Students for Justice in Palestine as they display an art exhibit representing the culture of Palestinians.

International House Potluck

6 p.m.

International House, 10 College Park

Wear national dress and bring a dish to share to this warm-up party to October’s International Festival. Entertainment will be provided by the Taiko Dawn drumming group and an International Festival video will be made featuring those who attend the tonight’s event.

Botany and Environmental Horticulture Club Meeting

6:30 to 8 p.m.

3090 Science Lab Building

Tonight is Career Night, featuring local leaders and members of botany-related fields. Enjoy free pizza and a plant raffle.

UC Davis Film Festival

8:30 p.m.

The Varsity Theatre. 616 Second St.

Graduate and undergraduate students share their original films, including comedy, drama, animation, documentaries and more. Films will be different than those shown on Wednesday. Tickets are $7 and available at The Varsity Theatre.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.