Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Poetry in the Arboretum

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Vanessa Niño-Tapia, third-year Master’s student in civil engineering-water resources at UC Davis and photographer, poet and art educator Francisco Dominguez will read original poetry.

California State Assembly Chief Clerk’s Internship Meeting

4 to 4:45 p.m.

114 South Hall

Since 1989, UC Davis and CSU Sacramento students have been given the unique opportunity to work as full-time Capitol staffers for several months in a non-partisan office while earning a salary, significant course credit and gaining an insider’s view of the California Legislature. All majors welcome. Juniors, seniors and recent graduates only.

Lambda Delta Lambda Farmer’s Market Meet-up

5 to 7 p.m.

Central Park, tree with decking

Hang out and play some games with the sisters of UC Davis’ queer friendly alternative sorority.

Russian Cultural Association Meeting

7 p.m.

158 Olson

The first 2011-12 school year meeting of the RCA is about to happen! Please bring ideas for events and motivation as we seek to determine our plans for this school year! For further information about the RCA at UC Davis please check out the Facebook page.

We’re Off to See the Brothers

7 p.m.

LGBT Resource Center

Learn about who Delta Lambda Phi is and get all your questions answered at this informational session.

The Spokes Auditions

7:30 p.m.

1100 Social Sciences

Like to sing? Audition for The Spokes, UC Davis’ stellar all-female a cappella group Wednesday or Thursday this week. Go prepared with 30 seconds of a song and smile.

Birdstrike Theatre Informational Meeting

8 p.m.

6 Olson

Think you’re funny? Have no friends? Go find out if you want to try out for the Birdstrike Theatre Improv Team.

Visions General Meeting

8 to 9 p.m.

125 Wellman

Visions is a non-profit organization that strives for leadership and education empowerment for the youth of Southeast Asia. Learn about exciting plans for the upcoming year, including fundraisers, fun activities, cultural performances and even the exciting opportunity to travel abroad this summer!

Taiwanese American Organization Information Social

8 to 10 p.m.

26 Wellman

Learn more about Taiwanese American culture with games, raffle prizes and free ice cream.

Lambda Delta Lambda Bojangles Club Night

8:30 p.m.

Delta of Venus, 122 B St.

Meet at Delta of Venus for rides to Bojangles ( ages 18+ -bring ID!) in Sacramento, where attendees will dance the night away with members of UC Davis’ queer friendly alternative sorority. Early and late rides home will be available.

THURSDAY

Biomedical Engineering Distinguished Speaker Series

4:10 p.m.

1005 Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility

Dr. Larry Swain from the KCI Center for Advanced Research and Technology in San Antonio, Texas, will speak about In situ mechanoactivated tissue regeneration.

Google Informational Meeting

6:30 p.m.

1003 Giedt

Learn about internship and career opportunities with Google.

UC Haiti Initiative Meeting

7 to 8 p.m.

230 Wellman

Those who remember the earthquake that struck Haiti in 2010 and would like to contribute to the reconstruction can learn how to make a difference at the first general meeting of the year.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.