News in brief: court updates

Sacramento man convicted on statutory rape counts

A Yolo County jury convicted a 35-year-old Sacramento man of multiple counts of statutory rape and oral copulation with a minor, according to an announcement from District Attorney Jeff Reisig.

The victim was a developmentally disabled 17-year-old girl who testified that she and Henry James Fluker, Jr. engaged in sexual intercourse and oral copulation while staying at a motel and an abandoned house in West Sacramento.

The victim, a Davis resident, ran away from home to stay with Fluker in Sacramento, the DA said. Child Protective Services took custody of the victim and placed her in a foster home in Marysville, Calif. The DA said Fluker took a bus to Marysville to reunite with the victim and brought her back to Sacramento to live with him.

Fluker claimed during the trial that he did not have sex with the victim because he was physically unable. He said he had a birth defect of the penis that made sex extremely painful, according to the DA’s press release.

Dale Smith, a urologist at Wooldand Health Clinic, testified that the condition Fluker referred to does not normally cause pain during sex.

Judge Arvid Johnson will sentence Fluker on Mar. 16. The maximum sentence is six years and eight months in state prison.

West Sacramento man convicted of child molestation

Last week a jury found West Sacramento resident Anatoly Kadoshnikov, 52, guilty of two counts of child molestation.

The victim was the daughter of Kadoshnikov’s former girlfriend, and the molestation occurred in 1996 and 1997, when the victim was 6 years old, according to a press release from Jonathan Raven, assistant chief deputy district attorney for Yolo County.

The victim, her mother and Kadoshnikov regularly slept in the same bed. The victim said the molestation occurred in the early morning hours when her mother would leave the bedroom to make breakfast, according to the release.

Kadoshnikov was also molesting his 12-year-old daughter in Sacramento County during the same time frame, Raven said. That case was not prosecuted, but that victim was allowed to testify in this trial.

“These two girls have been running and hiding from the emotional pain and trauma they suffered for over 12 years,Raven said.The defendant has been running and hiding also. He will now finally be held accountable for these heinous acts.

Judge Timothy Fall will sentence Kadoshnikov on Mar. 30. Kadoshnikov faces up to 10 years in state prison and will be required to register as a sex offender.

JEREMY OGUL can be reached at city@theaggie.org.