Women’s Field Hockey Preview

Teams: California at UC Davis

Records: Aggies, 3-11 (0-4); Golden Bears, 5-9 (3-1)

Where: Aggie Stadium

When: Sunday at 1 p.m.

Who to watch: Forward Liz Siemion is the only Aggie to find the back of the net in either of the team’s last two games. One of the scores came last week against the NorPac leading Stanford Cardinals and the other came two weeks ago against the Golden Bears.

The freshman from Carlsbad, Calif. is tied for the team lead in goals and will be looking to continue her hot streak in the final home contest of the year.

Did you know? Over the course of the 2009 season, three Aggies have earned NorPac Conference Player of the Week honors. Forward Marissa Hughes was named Offensive Player of the Week on Sept. 8, goalkeeper Lauren Sawvelle was named Defensive Player of the Week on Sept. 29 and defender Lindsey Valadez was named Rookie of the Week on Sept. 8 and 22.

Preview: After traveling all over the country this season, the Aggies return home for its fourth and final home game of the season.

Facing a familiar opponent in California, UC Davis is happy to have home field advantage.

“We have so much support at home,” said coach Vianney Campos. “We’re really happy to be back, especially for the last home game of the season. We have such a great advantage playing here.”

When the Aggies traveled to Cal two weeks ago, it was the first matchup between the two teams this season. UC Davis fell 6-1. This time around the Aggies are determined to come out on top with a win.

“We have a huge chip on our shoulder,” Campos said. “We’ve had really competitive practices getting ready for this game. We prepare the same every time and we try to develop with every game but at the end of the day, we want to win. We’re just sick of losing.”

To see if the Aggies’ preparation and determination are enough, head out to Aggie Stadium come Sunday.

-Mark Ling