Mondavi’s deal of the year

There’s no doubt about it; summer is coming to an end, which means that all the wonderful things that define September are coming too: moving into new apartments, the sweltering heat, and of course, fall quarter starting up again.

Sept. 24 marks the annual Mondavi Center Pre-sale, which kicks off Mondavi’s 2010-2011 season. UC Davis students have the opportunity to buy tickets for every show, even those stated to be sold out, at prices much friendlier to a college budget.

The Mondavi Center exclusively reserves 10 percent of tickets of all their performances for UC Davis students. All of this season’s tickets will be available to buy on Sept. 24.

The tickets will be offered at the incredibly reduced student discount price. Of course, they vary from performance to performance. Rob Tocalino, director of marketing at the Mondavi Center, said, “UC Davis students can purchase all tickets at 50 percent off, with discounted tickets starting at $12.50.”

This is one of the Mondavi Center’s best seasons ever. The lineup includes performances by comedic genius Steve Martin, the very talented Yo-Yo Ma, the great Itzhak Perlman, and many others. The Mondavi Center is limiting one ticket for every student ID, and they must be purchased in person at the Mondavi Center Ticket Office.

BRITTANY PEARLMAN can be reached at arts@theaggie.org.

What: Mondavi Center Pre-Sale

When: Friday, September 24, from 12 to 6 p.m.

Where: Mondavi Center Ticket Office

Info: 530-754-2787 or mondaviarts.org