Best Hotel

1. Tie: Aggie Inn
245 First St.

Hyatt Place
173 Old Davis Road Extension

2. Hallmark Inn
110 F St.

3. Best Western Palm Court
234 D St.

Whether you are a university traveler, booking a family visit, or simply looking for a comfortable place to stay, the Aggie Inn or the Hyatt Place could be the place for you.

Tying for first place as the best hotel in Davis, Aggie Inn and Hyatt Place both offer complimentary wireless internet, a fitness center and close proximity to campus.

Located on Old Davis Road, near the Mondavi Center, the Hyatt Place is a new hotel.

“Our hotel is geared [toward] the 21st century traveler, with a 24 hour lifestyle,” said Katherine Lucas, the director of sales and marketing for Hyatt Place. “Everything, including the gym and food options are available at any time. Our rooms provide travelers with home atmosphere,”

Lucas credits the success of the hotel to the friendly, engaging staff, along with the standard of excellence they set for the hotel.

On the opposite side of campus, the Aggie Inn is also a top option for Davis visitors.

“The Aggie Inn was established 22 years ago, since then we have been able to build a reputation of outstanding service and excellent room accommodations with the university and within our community,” said Maria Lara, the general manager of Aggie Inn.

Recently partnering with the Ascend Collection-Choice Privileges Hotels, the boutique hotel now allows travelers to earn points for free nights or air mileage.

Coming in second place, is the Hallmark Inn, which is located further away, in downtown Davis, near the Amtrak train station. This hotel offers travelers to reserve a complimentary bicycle, along with newly upgraded rooms.

Best Western Palm Court is the third place winner, also located in downtown Davis. Offering amenities such as a spa, steam room and internet access, this hotel is in close proximity to many Davis attractions.

— Danielle Huddlestun