Best Meal on a Budget

1. ASUCD Coffee House
Memorial Union

2. Taqueria Guadalajara
640 W. Covell Blvd.
417 Mace Blvd.

3. Hunan
207 D St.

The next time you’re thinking of rolling out the big dough for a quick lunch, forget about it! The ASUCD Coffee House, casually known as the CoHo, is the premier dining destination for the on-the-go, cash-strapped student.

Located in the Memorial Union (MU), across from the Quad, students rave about the CoHo’s accessibility and cheap prices.

“We have the best location to eat on campus; we are next to the MU, the Quad, Shields Library, Wellman Hall and Olson Hall. It’s convenient for the way students go about their day. You’re getting quality prices for organic, locally grown and quality food,” said senior political science and communication double major and Fickle Pickle Deli employee Sam Mahood.

From pizza to pho and just about everything in between, the variety of foods offered by the CoHo are endless. The CoHo provides students with seven different meal menus, so you’ll never get bored with that plain old sandwich again. The majority of food items served are under five dollars, leaving customers with a happy tummy, and a thankful wallet.

In a rough economy, shelling out the big bucks for a simple sandwich, soup, or salad is certainly not an option for many students.

“I think it’s really great that it’s so accessible; it’s in the middle of campus! It’s cheap, fast and delicious. There’s lots of choices,” said sophomore landscape architecture major Sarah Skinker.

Runner-up Taqueria Guadalajara serves primarily Mexican fare without breaking the bank, and third-place winner Hunan features “Americanized” Chinese food on a friendly budget.

— Gheed Saeed