Best Place for a Late-night Snack

1. In-N-Out
1020 Olive Drive

2. Burgers & Brew
403 Third St.

3. The Old Teahouse
825 Russell Blvd. #22

For those late-night cravings, the fast food chain In-N-Out Burger seems to be the definitive choice for UC Davis students looking for food fast.

Located right off Interstate 80, the burger joint boasts comfort food items such as multiple types of burgers, french fries, neopolitan shakes, along with three other milkshake flavors and a secret menu.

The business’ late-night hours could be what contributes to its popularity for students looking for something to eat when other food locations doors’ are closed. In-N-Out is open 10:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10:30 to 1:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

“The food seems more clean and not as processed,” said junior biochemistry major Moses Holleyman. “It’s convenient and it’s quick when you’re looking for something to eat late at night.”

In-N-Out was originally founded in 1948 in the southern California city of Baldwin Park and now has hundreds of locations spread across California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Texas.

“At In-N-Out Burger, quality is everything. That’s why in a world where food is often over-processed, prepackaged and frozen, In-N-Out makes everything the old fashioned way,” the In-N-Out website states.

Both the corporate and local In-N-Out employees declined to comment, saying they do not comment on contests.

Burgers and Brew and The Old Teahouse placed second and third in this category, respectively. Samantha Lynch, a manager at Burgers & Brew, said she believes their variety of food options, along with their being open until 3 a.m. is what attracts students late at night. The Old Teahouse manager Regina Peng attributes their third place standing to their popular boba drinks and late hours.

— Angela Swartz